Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Drumroll please

   I got the call from Lukas' case manager today to tell me the results of his CARS 2 assessment which determines his "level" of autism. He got a score of 35 which puts him between  mild and moderate. I am happy with the score and I agree with the score. I also know that especially since he is so young this certainly isn't set in stone.


   With proper therapies, kids scores can jump. I have no doubt that Lukas will eventually be considered "mildly" autistic. Now I can exhale.

PS.  I am aware that some of my blogs are depressing. I have thought about in the future editing, but then our true emotions and feelings are just being covered. This blog is therapeutic for me and shows the true emotions and feelings that a family is going through while we travel on this journey. If I had found a blog like mine, I would have been happy. My worries, the observations of how others are coping, etc are not an attack on anyone. My days are roller coasters of emotion. Some days I am fine and some days we have bad days.  Most of them correlate with how Lukas is acting that day. It's not easy and I am experiencing something that no one I know closely has been through. This is uncharted territory and it's only been less then two months since I was told out of nowhere Lukas was autistic. Honestly, I think I am doing pretty well. So bear with me. I cuss, I cry, I get overwhelmed. I also rejoice that I have Lukas and know that he is happy, healthy, and the greatest blessing that his father and I have ever received.


2 comments:

  1. I am happy you are happy with the score. I too know Lukas will definitely do great things and be considered mild :) I believed it all along. Hugs Mama!
    Rachel I.

    ReplyDelete