Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Park

   Today Michael and I brought Lukas to the park. He absolutely loved it, but to fully apprecciate that love he has for the park, you have to be able to step back and watch how he experiences the world. Yes, most kids like the park. They love to swing, go down slides, play with the other children they meet. Lukas started out semi-like this today. He went down the big slides with either Michael and I with him (he would grab us and drag us up the slide.) He jumped on the bridge with me. He ran up to two children and I told him to say hi and he did. Then he was on his way. .

  Lukas spent a lot of time playing in the leaves. He loves to hold them in his hands, toss them up and feel them fall down all around him. He will do this for a long length of time. While the other kids are chasing each other, laughing and swinging, my son is on the sidelines. Does it make me sad? No. Lukas literally experiences the world through his senses. If you watch him with no bias, it's honestly beautiful. Most of us are incapable of experiencing things how my son does. He also found an area of flat and squishy bushes. He jumped into them over and over, laughing and babbling in Lukas language.

  Once he got his fill of the world, he transitioned nicely and was ready to go home. He is happ and for that I am blessed. Because he is happy, I am happy. That is all that matters. Simple as that.

By Bekki

1 comment: